Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yes We Can

San Francisco roared last night. People honked, swung cow bells, and cried out to other people passing on the street. I stood in a crowd outside, of all places, the Moby Dick bar in the Castro and watched Obama argue for unity and humility amid cheers of victory from the crowd. It is so exhilarating to see someone I can admire, who isn't a bumbling embarrassment, in this position. A young black man, with a clear head, leadership skills, enthusiasm and a sense of purpose. "Yes we can."

This morning, as Raj burrowed his head further into the covers, I said "yes we can."
As I made my coffee and went to work, "yes we can." Never mind that Raj responded by rolling his eyes and this feeling can't last, it's good to savor the exhilaration and sense of, well, hope.

No comments: