Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Lost in Ojai

It does not take a genius to tell that being homeless, jobless and staying with my parents (however temporarily) 1) Is not going to make me very happy 2) May even drive me crazy. You see, this is not your usual temporary return to the suburbs. My parents have made the eccentric choice of choosing to live three miles up a dirt road, past two locked gates and three creek crossings. While this seems to work fine for them (though perhaps my dad would not be declining so quickly into senility if he had a bit more to do), I need a LITTLE more stimulus. Help! The good side is that it is piquing my adventurous side, and I can read, sleep and study all I want. I am currently reading a book called Oracle Bones that makes me want to move to China and become a journalist (is it too late?). It has all you might want to know about Uighers, Felong Gong, and Americans following in the footsteps of Graham Greene.

No comments: